Micra™ Transcatheter Pacing System (TPS) is the world’s smallest pacemaker,1 delivered percutaneously via a minimally invasive approach, directly into the right ventricle without the use of leads.
- Miniaturized, 93% smaller than conventional pacemakers2
- Designed to eliminate pocket- and lead-related complications3
- FDA approved for 1.5T or 3T MRI scans4
- Resulted in 99.2% implant success rate, 0 dislodgements, 0 systemic infections in 725-patient global trial4
- Reduced complications by 51% versus traditional pacemakers4
- New ultra low-power circuit design delivers an estimated average 12-year battery longevity4
MICRA IMPLANT PROCEDURE
THE MICRA TRANSCATHETER PACING SYSTEM INCLUDES THREE ELEMENTS: Micra Pacing Capsule with FlexFix™ Nitinol Tines
Micra Delivery Catheter
- Provides atraumatic and secure device placement
- Two tines have 15 times the holding force necessary to hold the device in place5
- Designed to minimize tissue trauma during deployment, repositioning, and retrieval6
- Optimal electrode tissue interface allows for low and stable chronic thresholds7
- 105-cm long catheter system with a handle that controls deflection and deployment of the Micra Pacing Capsule
- Lubricious hydrophilic coating facilitates smooth vessel entry
- 23 Fr inner diameter (27 Fr outer diameter)
- Silicone-oil-coated dilator tip
INTEGRATED DELIVERY SYSTEM:
EVICE LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT OPTIONS
- Micra can be turned OFF and an additional Micra can be added. (Micra takes up <1% of the volume of a normal right ventricle.), or
- Micra can be turned OFF and a traditional system or upgrade can be implanted.
- The Micra design incorporates a proximal retrieval feature to enable acute retrieval.