Various laboratory values are crucial to achieve the correct diagnosis and evaluate the treatment plan.
Laboratory medicine aims to determine:
- Blood elements;
- Functional and metabolic activity of the leukocytes;
- Iron metabolism;
- Intravascular products of thrombotic states and fibrin deposition;
- Thrombocytes and other values representing the blood homeostasis;
- Carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism;
- Enzymatic antioxidants;
- General antioxidant status;
- Blood gases (acid-base balance).