Includes the diagnosis, treatment and prophylaxis of central, as well as peripheral nervous system diseases.
Nervous system diseases are usually manifested by:
- Motor dysfunction;
- Mental and cognitive dysfunction;
- Behavioral disturbances;
- CNS damage due to vertebral pathology;
- CNS damage due to metabolic dysfunction, etc.
Nervous system diseases are clinically characterized by:
- Cervical or lumbar pain;
- Motor dysfunction (tremor, difficulty walking);
- Memory impairment;
- Depression, etc.
Common neurologic diseases:
- Acute and chronic vascular diseases of the brain;
- Dementia and other forms of memory impairment;
- Motor diseases (Parkinson's);
- Epilepsy and pseudoseizures;
- Demyelinating diseases of the nervous system: multiple sclerosis, acute encephalomyelitis;
- Acute and chronic mono and polyneuropathies due to different conditions;
- Pain syndromes;
- Muscular and neuromuscular pathologies: myasthenia gravis, progressive muscular dystrophies);
- Diseases of the spinal roots;
- Vertigo and vestibulostatic diseases;
- Nervous system malignancies;
- Metabolic encephalopathies;
- Viral neuroinfections;
- Anxiety and somatoform disorders;
- Nervous dysfunctional states.