What causes heel pain and how can we treat
Plantar fasciitis heel pain is the most frequent cause. The cause of the plantar fascia (tendon that connects the heel and toes) stretching, mostly due to the increased load. The plantar fascia tension causes pain and swelling of the tissues of the heel and ankle area. The risk increases with age, also happens to women more often than men. Risk factors are:
- A new type of exercise or exercise intensity is increased
- Stand for a few hours a day
- If you normally wear high heels
- Uncomfortable or worn-out shoes
- Flat feet or very high ankle
- Legs of unequal length
Plantar fasciitis treatment is rest and special exercises.
- Sit on the chair so that the heels are on the floor
- Stop in this condition for 15-30 seconds
- Repeat 3-4 times. Repeat the exercise a few times a day
- Put the towel under damaged ankle pull to you, so that it does not cause pain.
- Please fix the foot in this position for 15 – 30 seconds, repeat 2-4 times
- Wear comfortable shoes